Monday 9 March 2015

What has it got in its pocketses?

Dear all, I would like to submit my first entry for the Vintage Pattern Pledge 2015.

 Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce 'Style 1286'.
This little beauty was completed from start to finish in just two days (day one cutting... Day two new skirt!). I had high hopes for this pattern because of how down right easy it looked! As far as old sewing techniques vs new sewing techniques go, this may as well have been a new pattern.


 I shortened the hem about 3" so that rather than mid-shin, the skirt stopped just on the knee. And as mentioned last time there was the extra couple of inches added to the waist. This is one comfy skirt! The crepe paper material has a great stretch which just adds to the comfy feel of it.

 I have decided I want more of these! So many more!! I want a chambray one for summer, a smart one for work, and a floral one for pretties!!
The pockets are awesome (I do love some pockets). They were really easy to put in and create really flattering lines across the hips. Unfortunately because I chose black as my first run they barely show up in the photos, the best I could manage was...
 Pretty pretty!
So to the next part of the challenge.... Not sure what that is yet... But you will be the first to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment