Saturday 13 June 2015

Hooray for vintage patterns!!

This is a bonus two for one post. I've been crafting but I've not had time to take any decent photos up until now
Anyone for a dodgy hallway selfie?

I made a promise a couple of posts ago to concentrate on sewing a limited number of projects over the summer, well, task one complete...


I made a version of 'Style 1286' in a lovely summer cotton chambray. This is a super soft and floaty fabric of high didn't entirely behave itself when I was sewing, the result being that the waist band doesn't sit exactly right, it sort of stands out from my waist. It's only a tiny bit so I doubt anyone but me will notice... But it irks me. Other than that, I think this pattern is easy and has become a good TNT (tried'n'tested).

I also finally completed my 'V is for' jumper. This is one of the V&A Museums pattern releases that has become hugely popular on Ravelry. It was released to celebrate VE Day and has been dubbed 'Your Victory Jumper', I wanted one as soon as I saw it.


I used Heritage Solids yarn from Loveknitting. This is such a soft and silky yarn that I've promptly bought more for my next knitting project. These beautiful colours are Wine, Nave and Stone. I'm not one for bright bright colours and these match the vintage feel of the jumper beautifully. It's also my first multiple colour project, so I'm super proud of it!


Although getting the hang of three balls at one go was tricky! But I learned how to twist the yarns at the end of the row to keep things nice and neat... And..


.. Picking up just the right amount of stitches for a neckband... This part did take four attempts, but I got there in the end! And I think it's pretty!


I think my two projects go really well together, although that was unintentional. The big drawback to this jumper is that it's limited to skirts or dresses, I don't own any high waisted trousers... Hmm maybe I could give them a go too... Maybe (much) later.

I was getting stabbed by the shrub here... Surprisingly sharp!

And this is my 'argh the timer went off too soon' if you're wondering.

And so onto the next project... I've found a shirt dress pattern I like!








No comments:

Post a Comment