Thursday 6 August 2015

English summers are rubbish

So it's been an up and down sort of a summer, while America has been sweltering in heat waves we have had... Well...



Ok so it's maybe not quite that bleak.. But it's been sodding chilly.
This drove me to do a bit of what I can only describe as winter knitting... Enter the shrug!!


This beauty is an aran alpaca and polyester blend 'James C. Brett Aztec' which is quite a mouthful. I followed the free pattern 'Cashmere shrug' to be found on Ravelry (all hail free patterns!!).

I loved this pattern, it's a ridculously easy K2 P2 rib (kind on those who are pretty shoddy at fitting... Me). I whipped this up in less than a month! LESS THAN A MONTH!! Then it sat there for a week waiting to be stitched together... Oops


Even the stitching was pretty pain free. And I really love the results


It has no fastenings, covers the waist of low slung jeans, has a cute little collar, is fuzzy from the alpaca, but most importantly... It's nearly wind proof!!


It's perfect to use as a jacket in the summer, and I anticipate it will get a lot of use in the winter... For now it's my good luck charm as no sooner had I completed it...
Out came the sun






No comments:

Post a Comment